SRS specialises in Hazardous Paint Removal. We establish full encapsulation, vented air HEPA filtering, and documented debris removal and treatment.
‘Hazardous paints’ include those containing lead, chromate and coal tar epoxy, which are tested for their content levels above the legislated limits.
Lead paint is a hazardous material and requires a special solution
Prior to 1975, lead paint was used widely in both construction and commercial projects. Since then, lead paint has been identified as a hazardous and carcinogenic substance. Recent changes to Australian standards require the proper remediation and treatment of hazardous paints, including those containing lead.
Lead management procedure and policies must be strictly adhered to, including buildings that will be demolished.
Through our experience, SRS has development a methodology for the handling and remediation of lead, which is designed to reducing the risks associated with lead and adhere to the Australian Standards. Our methods include:
- Full encapsulation – fully covering the existing, undisturbed lead paint within an inclosed structure.
- Suppressing and Extracting dust generated from the cleaning process.
- Rigorous Medical and Environmental monitoring, before, during and after the works.
SRS are subject matter experts and hold the PCCP accreditation for hazardous paint removal and handling. We work closely with Safework NSW and abide by Australia safety standards. If you are concerned that you have assets containing hazardous coatings, please contact us to organise a consultation to assess and test the affected areas.
Our crews are trained to deal with hazardous materials through:
- A Documented Hazardous Paint Management System.
- Use of Specialised Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Full encapsulation and scaffold.
- Ventilation with HEPA filtering
- Documented use of Certified Hazardous Goods Removal Service for debris removal and disposal
- WHS Management System – Audited to NSW Government agency works, (WHS MS 5th edition)
Steven Durling – Responsible Person for Industrial Lead Paint Management.
You can give Steve a call now on 1300 661 528 for a chat about your project